Monumental Sculptors was established in 1745 in the North West of
Ireland producing Headstones and Memorials from locally quarried
materials. This business developed into a small, family run firm and
then later into one of the largest monumental works in Ireland. Hasletts
then began importing granite, marble, natural stone and other materials
from all over the world and shaping Headstones, larger Memorials and
construction projects the length and breadth of the country.
The business continued to operate in the Londonderry area over the span
of 3 centuries. A brief down sizing of operations in the 1970's resulted in a move away from
the large stone yard on Abercorn Road in Derry to the current
headquarters near Ballymoney. This smaller more personal premises has a wide
selection of Headstones and Memorials on display in their showroom.
In the early 1990's the
business was resurrected, restructured and prepared for the harsh
business environment of the new millennium. The current Managing
Director has modernised and expanded the firm and is putting Haslett
Monumental Sculptors back to the top of its field within Ulster and
2003 saw a welcome return to
our city of origin with the opening of our new premises on Church Brae
in the Altnagelvin area of Derry. This facility in the Glendermott
Valley Business Park has a fully stocked showroom with many types and sizes of
memorial on show.
Hasletts are now one of the
market leaders in Northern Ireland with Memorials in 169 graveyards
and cemeteries and an ever-increasing market share. The business has
also diversified into new areas of supply, manufacture and construction
as well as restoration, maintenance and insurance services.
With a skilled and well
supported team proficient in all types of stonework, Hasletts are again
considered the experts when it comes to stonework in Ulster.